Tuesday 31 January 2012

First Post of 2012...

Well where do I start with the first post of the year...between now and my last post a lot has happened, however everything has always worked out for my good.

I feel today's post may take the direction of this blog slightly off course, but please bare with me for I'm being led by the Holy Spirit.

Today something quite poignant happened which led me to understand that in every aspect of life there is an element of competition; who will get the best grades, who will get the best Graduate job etc, but do we as humans truly have to apply that to every aspect of our lives? As I sat and pondered on that question it saddened me to think that his 'wordly' outlook is also applied to our relationships with people, siblings and whoever else may cross our paths.

Feelings of resentment can rise up in us when we feel we are left out in the cold, as someone takes a move forward in life; however we need to see it that the lack of openess is a door being opened to pride; and pride leads to many other deadly sins such as envy. To keep things close to your chest is never wrong,  as not every single thing we do in life needs to be aired to all those who feel they have a right to know. Nobody has a right to know every move you make, for you are a single entity in your own right, however if pride steps in and that's the reason for our 'secrecy' then we need to get to the root cause.

A little competition is healthy, but us women, we are the ball bearers, if not creators of competition! We compete with the men in our lives, feeling there is a constant need to let them know we don't need them i.e. they don't phone us so we don't phone them simply because we have been led to believe 'we don't need them' or anyone else for that matter, which is such a shame for in the bible it says 'No man is an island'. As women we compete in our friendships, with women on the road, especially if they are wearing the same items as us or seem to have a better relationship then us. Why can't we be happy for every body's current seasons? We compete with women who show interest in our men, sometimes we even compete with their Mothers. Its not a good look ladies and I know for sure that I stop this today! I ask the Lord to loose me of these spirits that do not meet up to His standards and stop feeling as if I need to adhere to the worlds standards of me.

I can say I feel in my spirit the Proverbs 31 woman did not suffer from such fleshy ways, as her works were always wise and to bless others. She focused on her purpose, her roles but always kept herself open and lacked in nothing.

As women may we act as virtuous women, walk non-threatened by anothers presence and guard your heart from such ways. May we open our doors to the needy and poor without feeling that we must keep all at a distance in case they happen to mess up our pretty little worlds.

I thank God for this revelation before I hit 24 in 13 weeks time, for I may be 24 in years but the Lord's wisdom surpasses even my own understanding.

Stay blessed.

EML xxx

P.S. Today the Lord caught my attention with Proverbs 14:4 'Without an oxen a stable stays clean, but you need a strong ox for a large harvest'. It confused me and my lack of understanding had to be put to bed, so I texted my Pastor in order to gain some understanding. As I've been typing this blog to you, I've spoken with her and her understanding has been as simple as this 'Without our participation in life, things will not happen the way we necessarily hope for, therefore if we want things to happen we must particpate in order to get the expected result'. We must depend on God and hook our faith onto his for only he can give us the strength of an Ox. Like the clean Ox, if we go through life without any trials or tribulations we will not gain any strength as we have no experience to fall back on; but from these we will rise up on eagles wings, with the strength of an Ox. We must take the first step and continue steadfast for the Lord will order our steps.

Such a word in season. Apologies for the lack of structure but I had to share the revelations of today with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment