Tuesday 7 August 2012

Do not despise...

Have you ever wondered why your life or steps have been ordered in such a way? Ever wondered why you feel you are in constant service to others, your life is under pressure and feel your life lacks substance? Every prayer you pray you believe isn't being answered, because if it were, why haven't your cirucmstances changed?

I battle with this too...I sometimes question why the Lord has me in this state currently.  As I sat down to speak with Him this morning I realised that his promised 'peace that surpasses all understanding' is currently with me. If you knew the trials, tribulations, pressures and issues in my life...you like I, would be wondering, how am I still standing? And all I can say it is by His Grace and Mercy.

In the natural, without our Daddy to lean on, I believe life would come along and beat us left, right and centre! But in these seasons we must stand on his word! Truly, unbelivably press into Him through the storms of life; these are designed to bring us closer to Him not to push us away. You have to remember that if He's brought you to it, he will also bring you through it.

On entering His word this morning my Bible opened up to preparatrion scriptures! We are told not to despise small beginnings; in the wanting to pass through all these tests and dry seasons, we could miss out on the lessons intended for us to learn!

Exodus 3:1
'One day Moses was tending the flock of his Father-in-Law, Jethro, the priest of Midian. He led the flock into the wilderness and came to Sinai, the mountain of God'

The revelation I caught from this was so timely that I just had to share. As we go about life and question God why am I in this season, I am more than this and all I do is serve others, why do you have me doing this? We forget that menial preparation will always lead you back to God - meaning it will always keep you humble!  Before Moses became Leader of the Israelites I can imagine it was a raher lonely season for Moses, tending to the flock day in, day out, without a Word from God. But in this season of 'dryness' the Lord was teaching Moses lessons of faithfulness and general lessons that he had to  learn first, before becoming a leader.

He had to learn about the ways of people  he would be leading and also about life in the wilderness, for this is where he would spend 40years of his life! God was preparing him in this small things, making him ready for the Big things! I can assume in this season however, that there were many things God had to wean from Moses before he moved him to this next level and he certainly had to keep Him Humble.

Moses is a fine example of being faithful and humble in the things of God, for in 1 Corinthians 10:31 we are told that 'In everything we do, do it to God'. So it doesn't matter what people say, as long as you know why you are doing what you are doing, do it with a smile, knowing that there are things God must teach you in your humble beginnings, for your next level is so big, He loves you enough to prepare you for it! Just like us though, Moses was unable to appreciate this lesson, but God was getting him ready for the biggest assignment of his life!

Notice anything here, did God not do the SAME thing with David - soon to be King David? David was told he would become King, on recieving this Word he was then told to return to tending the sheep UNTIL the Lord was ready to send him to his next level.

Do not despise the small beginnings! Be faithful in the small things, so you will be faithful in the big! Remember He is not a Man that he should lie and every promise that sits in the bible, is for us to reach out and grab!

Obedience is better than sacrifice, stay in your lane!


God loves you!

EML xx





No comments:

Post a Comment